Terms: Make Your Own Number Plate
British Car Registrations is a trading name of Midland Registrations Ltd, (hereafter referred to as The Company).
- All transfers are conducted in strict accordance with Department of Transport regulations governing cherished transfers;
- The Company undertakes to handle all the paperwork involved in the transfer of this registration mark on your behalf. If additional, connected, transfers are required simultaneously our supplementary administration fee is £100 plus VAT (£120);
- The Company guarantee (subject to parts a, b, c, d and e below) that where The Company are conducting the transfer, if it is not completed at the local vehicle registration office within seven (7) working days of your complete and correct documentation and balance arriving at our office, The Company will complete the transfer yet refund the original purchase price (less the Dept of Transport’s fee of £80); a) “Working days” means days on which both the local vehicle licensing offices and The Company are open for cherished transfer business; b) To qualify for this special service (the guarantee) you must have paid the fee for this service. In addition, we must be in possession of your complete and correct documentation within one week of placing the order. Outside that time, the transfer will still be conducted as quickly as possible (recorded delivery postage is recommended).; c) The Company cannot offer this special service (the guarantee) to office callers although the transfer will still be conducted as quickly as possible. d) The Company will not be able to effect a transfer within this time if DVLA misdirect the certificate of entitlement; e) If full payment is made by cheque, the seven working day period commences on the first working day after clearance (ten working days);
- Upon receipt of payment (full) for the registration mark, we will secure it for you. As a result, we cannot accept a cancellation or make any refund (partial or complete) in the event that you are unable to proceed with the transfer for whatever reason, or if you fail to supply us with the complete and correct documentation in time to effect a transfer within the expiry deadline;
- The right to assign the mark to which these terms apply is valid for ten years from the date it was ordered. After that date, the mark ceases to be available and we will not be able to resurrect it. The onus is upon you to remember the expiry date and assign/renew as appropriate.
- Our service is fully discharged by the acquisition of the right to the mark specified overleaf with your chosen nominee printed on the V750 certificate of entitlement to the mark. Where required, our service involves arranging the transfer to your vehicle but for this we rely on your assistance in supplying documentation in good time;
- If you specifically want to assign the mark yourself or to ask someone else to perform the assignment for you, we will supply you with the pre-signed V750 certificate of entitlement upon receipt of a signed disclaimer. Again, our supply of the V750 certificate in this case fully discharges our responsibility to you and we will not be held liable if you fail to use the certificate before the deadline. If you lose the V750 certificate before the assignment and before the expiry date we can apply for a duplicate for you for a fee of £100 plus VAT (£120);
- If you fail to instruct us to extend the validity of a V750 within one month before the expiry date (the use of the recorded delivery post is recommended), we may extend it on your behalf. If payment of the afore-mentioned sums has not been received some three months after that time, we reserve the right to offer the mark for sale and to furnish you with the proceeds of the sale less our commission;
- The Company will not accept responsibility, issue full or partial refunds or be liable for any costs you incur from expiry of the assignment rights in the event that you do not supply us with documentation before that date or use the V750 certificate of entitlement supplied as outlined above;
- You cannot make a vehicle to be younger than it actually is e.g.:- “A” prefixed registrations cannot be transferred to vehicles registered before August 1983; “P” prefixed registrations cannot be transferred to vehicles registered before August 1996 etc.
- It is an offence to display the new mark before the transfer is complete. Number plates must be purchased from The Company as part of the transaction. They will be dispatched when we receive your complete and correct documentation and should arrive with you at about the same time as your new tax disc;
- If a cheque payment fails to clear on presentation, we will charge an administration fee of £100 plus VAT (£120) for each time it is unpaid. Please note, cheque clearance will be 10 working days.
- Our price match guarantee states that we will at least match the price of the registration mark being advertised by another company. This only applies where both we and the other company are advertising an identical mark and our guarantee is not offered retrospectively.
- Every contract to which these terms apply shall be construed in accordance with and governed in all respects by the laws of England and the parties submit irrevocably to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Company reserves the right to transmit all or part of a tape recorded call to a third party at our discretion, the recording remaining our property at all time. Recordings are only routinely kept for four weeks and therefore, if a query arises, customers are urged to bring the matter to the company’s attention at the earliest possible stage within that time. At our discretion we may supply an audio cassette copy of a conversation at a cost of £100 plus VAT (£120), subject to the above time constraint.
- It is the intention of the company that all terms of a contract between the Purchaser (the Recipient) and The Company are contained in this document and have been made known to the Recipient, in full, before formation of the contract.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
These terms may not be altered in any respect.
Our services are subject to these terms of business together with any previous written representation made by or on behalf of the Company.
Please Note: that all registrations included on this web site are subject to availability. In light of the Consumer Contract Regulations, we hereby notify you that our service begins immediately upon an initial payment being taken. In addition, the product you are purchasing from us is regarded as “personalised” or “bespoke” and this means that you are not entitled to a “cooling off period” or to a full or partial refund if you have a change of heart. No cancellation will be accepted.